The Parent Portal is an instrumental communication component of PowerSchool that empowers family members to engage, and thereby maintain a stake in each child's education by allowing parents and authorized guardians to access and view attendance, grades, and other information related to the student. (Pearson -- PowerSource)
Parent Portal login: http://ps.nottowayschools.org/public/home.html
back to the top of this page
Parent/Student Math Resources
* IXL provides comprehensive, standards-aligned math and language arts practice for grades K–12. www.IXL.com
* Khan Academy is a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. It is an organization on a mission. We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. www.khanacademy.org
* Study Jams by Scholastic - Place Value, Number Lines, Order Whole Numbers, Estimate Whole Numbers, Integers, and Expanded Notation. studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams
* Distributive Property Video
* Multi-digit Multiplication
Note from Daisy Hicks
Our mission at Nottoway Intermediate School is to develop creative young minds with a sense of compassion and respect for others, a devotion to life-long learning, and a desire to be productive citizens in a diverse society.
Vision: To provide a safe, respectful, and an engaging learning environment for all students.
Hi, my name is Daisy Hicks, and I am the principal at Nottoway Intermediate School. I am a graduate of Nottoway County High School, and I have been a resident of Nottoway County since 1979. I believe in being a positive role model and mentor to all students. I set high expectations for students and staff, as well as for myself. I believe in being consistent and respectful; and I believe it is important for parents to be active participants in their children’s education.
To help keep your child safe while here at school, it is required for all visitors including parents, to check in the main office. I request that if you bring your child to school after the tardy bell (8:23 a.m.) that you come into the school and sign him/her in for the day. Also, please do not drop your child off at school before 7:45 a.m. Again, this is to help to keep your child safe.
Every student receives an Agenda Book at no charge, and students are encouraged to record their homework assignments daily. Please check your child’s Agenda Book daily and encourage him/her to bring it home daily. The Agenda Book is a great tool of communicating from school to home so that parents are aware of homework assignments.
I encourage you to contact me and inform me of any concerns or issues that you may have concerning your child’s education or safety. After all, “it takes a village to raise a child;” therefore, we should operate as a team in providing the best education for all children.
Thanks for your support.
back to the top of this page